Amendment No. 1 of 2016
Amendment No. 1 of 2016 of the Singapore International Commercial Court Practice Directions contains amendments to Parts X, XII, XVII and Appendix B. The amendments are summarised below:
- the introduction of a new paragraph 66A, as well as amendments to paragraph 76, for the conduct of proceedings in the Singapore International Commercial Court on an expedited basis;
- amendments to paragraphs 76 and 77, and Appendix B Form 10, on mediation or any other form of alternative dispute resolution;
- amendments to paragraphs 77 and 81 on the conduct of Case Management Conferences and the use of the Proposed Case Management Plan;
- amendments to paragraph 106 on the hearing of “ex parte” and “by consent” summonses; and
- amendment to paragraph 108(5) and Appendix B Forms 14 and 15 on Mareva injunctions.
The amendments are effective from 1 January 2016.
A summary of these amendments may be found in the annexed document:
SICC Practice Directions Amendment No 1 of 2016