The Integrated Electronic Litigation System (eLitigation) is the next step forward in the increasingly sophisticated use of technology in the Courts.
In 2000, the Electronic Filing System (EFS) revolutionised the conduct of civil litigation by enabling court documents to be prepared and filed electronically. Today, close to two-thirds of the law firms in Singapore subscribe to EFS.
Recognising the importance of keeping the system relevant and flexible to meet the ongoing demands, the Judiciary has taken the next step to harness modern technologies and extend the capabilities of EFS with the implementation of eLitigation.
Some of the key benefits of eLitigation include:
- Convenient and secure access to the web-based service via Singpass
- Filing can be completed online or saved for submission at a later time
- Use of dynamic electronic court forms in place of PDF
- Full access to all documents in a case as long as it remains active
- Management of case files through e-mail and SMS reminder alerts
- Calendaring and Hearing Management Module to allow for greater flexibility in the selection of hearing dates
eLitigation was launched in 2013 and can be used to file the Supreme Court's court documents.
To start filing for Supreme Court cases, subscribers can click on https://www.elitigation.sg/home.aspx and log in using your SingPass.