Non-lawyers Seeking to Represent Companies, Limited Liability Partnership (LLPs) or Unincorporated Associations in Legal Proceedings

The contents of this guide are for reference purposes only and they are not binding on the Court. This guide is not intended to give you legal advice but to help non-lawyers better understand the general requirements of the minimum requirements for an application to the Court for leave to represent a company, LLP or unincorporated association in legal proceedings (hereinafter referred in this Guide as “company1 ”). Please click HERE (PDF, 375.45 KB) to download the user guide in English. User guides are also available in CHINESE (PDF, 501.1 KB)MALAY (PDF, 311.93 KB) and TAMIL (PDF, 488.83 KB).

Should you have any questions about the requirements, please seek legal advice. A directory of qualified lawyers is maintained by the Legal Service Regulatory Authority (LSRA) and may be found on the internet at the Ministry of Law’s website at You may also contact the LSRA by telephone at 1800-CALL-LAW (1800 2255 529) or +65 2255 529 (call from overseas).

1 "company” include LLPs and some unincorporated associations. If you are trying to act for an
unincorporated association, this guide only applies to unincorporated associations which are not
partnerships or registered trade unions.